Ash Wednesday and Lent Program
Ash Wednesday, February 17
• 8:00 a.m.: Sprinkling of Ashes, St. Stephen’s Church (outside)
• Noon: Sprinkling of Ashes, St. Francis Church, 503 Forest Hill Drive, Goldsboro 27534
• 5:00 p.m.: Holy Eucharist and Prayers for Healing (streamed live on Facebook, Vimeo)
• 5:30 p.m.: Ash Wednesday Liturgy (streamed live on Facebook, Vimeo) followed by Sprinkling of Ashes (outside). Click here to view the Ash Wednesday Liturgy.
Sundays in Lent
• 9:00 a.m.: Studies in Anglicanism – This five-session series explores the beginning of Christianity in England, and traces its development through the Protestant Reformation, and the ongoing struggle to find a compromise between the Catholic and Protestant parties in the Church of England. The final sessions focus on the establishment of Episcopal Church in America. Each session will begin with a companion DVD, followed by a presentation by Father Frank with conversation among the participants. These sessions also will available via Zoom.
• 10:30 a.m.: Holy Eucharist, St. Stephen’s Church (streamed live on Facebook, Vimeo) followed by distribution of Holy Sacrament (outside)
Wednesdays in Lent
• 5:00 p.m.: Holy Eucharist and Prayers for Healing
(streamed live on Facebook, Vimeo)
• 7:00 p.m.: Reflections for Lent from St. George’s College, Jerusalem
A River Through The Desert —A Lenten Pilgrimage Reflections for Lent from St. George’s College Jerusalem. Six sessions exploring the geography of the Holy Land, following Jesus from Galilee to Golgotha. Each session will reflect on the theme with questions for exploration. Click here for more information.
(These sessions will be via Zoom)
Tuesday-Friday in Lent
• 9:15 a.m.: Morning Prayer led by the Rev.